- I am a registered supplier but I am unable to list my products
- How many products can I list?
- How do I list a product?
- How do I reduce the size of my product image to under 200kb?
- Why does nothing happen when I try to select a category for my product?
- How do I find the right category in which to list my products?
- How can I receive more responses to my listings?
To be able to list products on eSources.co.uk you must:
- Be registered as a supplier (either premium or free), and
- Submit your company profile in the suppliers directory.
Top of page How many products can I list?
As a registered premium supplier you can list an unlimited number of products. If you are registered as a basic supplier you can list up to 200 products if your company is registered as a free UK supplier, and up to 100 products if your company is registered as a free International supplier.
Top of page How do I list a product?
- Product Photo: select a product image from your computer to upload. Maxmium allowed size for your product image is 200Kb (you can find out how to reduce your images size further down this page);
- Product Name: type in the name of your product, trying to be as concise and as accurate as possible. Providing an inaccurate product name or description can result in your listing being declined;
- Product Code: specify your product code, which is your unique product identifier;
- Category: select a product category by pressing the Select... button. A popup window will appear with instructions on how to select a category. To help you find the most appropriate category faster, we have developed a search categories tool;
- Product Description: add a description of your product, trying to be as accurate and as descriptive as possible. Providing an inaccurate description can result in your listing being declined;
- Keywords: specify a relevant phrase or list of keywords to describe your product. The phrase or keywords you specify in the Keywords field will be used to find your product through search;
- Unit Price: to list products on eSources you are required to specify your product trade price. Your prices will only be shown to premium buyers or if you are a premium supplier, you will have the option to show prices to all registered users. To complete this field, input your product price and select whether the price includes or excludes VAT;
- Delivery: specify your product's lead time;
- Unit Dimensions (Optional): here you can specify your product's size, width, height and depth;
- Unit Weight (Optional): here you can specify your product's weight;
- Units per Carton (Optional): here you can specify your product's number of units per carton;
- Minimum Order (Optional): here you can specify whether your product has a minimum order of units, cartons or £s;
Top of page How do I reduce the size of my product image to under 200kb?
Reducing the size of an image is very simple. The first step is to create a copy of your images in a separate folder on your computer. To reduce each image follow the simple steps below. The following instructions are for Windows based computers:
- Go to Start > Accessories > Paint (click on Paint to open the program);
- Once the Paint program has opened, select File (top left) > Open...;
- A popup window will come up, browse to the location of your image copies and select the image you wish to reduce in size;
- Press OK, and the image you want to edit will appear inside the Paint program window;
- To resize your image, select Image (4th option from the top left) > Stretch/Skew;
- A new small window will pop up: inside the Stretch box change the two 100 values to, for example, 50 and 50;
- If you are happy with the new size of your image, select File > Save from the top left of the program window. Alternatively you can undo changes you have applied by selecting Edit (2nd option from the top left) > Undo (Note: Paint can only undo the last 3 changes);
- A good guideline to know if you resized image is under the 200kb allowed size is to check the image area dimensions by selecting Image > Attributes from the top menu: a height between 600 and 700 is usually an indication that your image size is < 200kb. IMPORTANT: do not edit your image size from the Attributes window. The attributes window should be used only to check image attributes, for resizing use the Stretch/Skew window as indicated above;
- If your image attributes are still above 600-700 in height, return to the Sketch/Skew window to further reduce your image size;
- You can also check the size of your images by right clicking on the image file on your computer, and selecting Properties. A small window will popup showing the size of the image.
Your image is now ready for upload, you can now go to your My eSources Account and list your product.
Top of page Why does nothing happen when I try to select a category for my product?
Top of page How do I find the right category in which to list a product?
To find the most appropriate category to list your products, we have developed a search categories tool. This tool will show the most relevant categories according to the keyword you specify in the search box. It will also display the tree structure of the category results to help you select categories quicker when listing products.
Top of page How can I receive more responses to my listings?
The secret to receiving more responses to your product listings are:
- List your product in the most appropriate category;
- Select the most accurate and concise product name;
- Use a keyword rich but accurate description of your product;
- In the Keywords field specify any related or competitive keywords. Please note using spam or too generic keywords may result in your product listing being declined;
- Specify your minimum order quantity and lead time, this ensures you receive the most relevant enquiries.